Saturday, May 24, 2008

:)

Training week's officially over! :) I'm happy to have survived it. It was fun, learning how to model, how to use excel shortcuts etc etc.. My colleagues are great, and it IS fun living in nyc. I've explored a number of areas, but there's always more.. nyc is a gazillion times more interesting and exciting than philly, but philly is still dear to me. I'm going back to philly for the long weekend. Much as I enjoy nyc and its variety, philly is still home. :D

Work's fine. Working on semiconductor stocks this coming week. Lots of reading to do.. There's something strange at work I can't put my finger on though. Its not having all the information about what we're doing that bugs me. Somehow I feel like there's something the boss is hiding from us that we should know about. In any case, I've had a phone interview with a PE firm, and should be interviewing at their office some time next week. :) I don't really know how I want this to turn out though. It's potentially messy.. but I really have my reservations about my current job. It's not as though I have a contract with them anyways. I'm unpaid and its just a verbal agreement so I don't suppose it is terribly bad of me to leave earlier than I said I would, other than it being unfair on my fellow interns.

Speaking of which, which office has its interns working in conference rooms in the basement without having ever stepped into the actual office? Something is definitely fishy. :( I hate it when things are hidden from me.

No comments: