Sunday, May 11, 2008

Annoyed

Sighs. I am annoyed. The company which I am working for has pretty much informed me that I should look for housing in ny as I'd be the only one still staying in Philadelphia. Context: I'm interning in ny (unpaid) for the first half of summer, and the company told me that I could stay in Philadelphia and work from here as there would be other interns who'd want to work from Philadelphia too. NY rent is exorbitant, but I guess most of the others have found housing either by bunking over with siblings or friends for the duration. I'm not miffed about having to stay in ny, but rather, that the plans change so much. I was initially thinking of finding a place in ny, and even went up to look at some apartments, but eventually decided on not getting one since the locations were inconvenient or the rent was slightly too steep. In addition, the company mentioned that we might have a training week in Philadelphia, and that would defeat the purpose of me getting a place in ny! Sighs. Everything is a mess.

In any case, I've interviewed for 2 positions in the past week. One is for an RTA position in school, and the other is a marketing intern position in Munich. I'd love to work in Germany!! The position's unpaid, but the company would pay for my airfare to Munich, for accommodations there, as well as ground transportation, which sounds great to me. :D I'd be hearing back from them next week. Keeping my fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Berlinbound said...

Good luck with your job ...